Do’s and Don’ts of Buying Valentine’s Day Jewelry
No matter what route you go with your jewelry selection, we have some final parting do’s and don’ts to make sure your Valentine gift is just right. Keep these things in mind as you shop:
- Do choose something unique so she is proud to show off her new jewelry – and, of course, gush about how great you are.
- Don’t choose something so outrageous that she won’t wear it.
What we suggest:14 Karat Yellow Gold Emerald Cut 1.00 Carats Ametrine Diamond Pendant
- Do pick a piece of jewelry that has meaning, whether it serves as a symbol of your love or compliments her style perfectly.
- Don’t assume bigger is better, whether you’re talking about the size of the jewelry or the size of the price tag attached to it. In fact, sometimes large pieces of jewelry look out of proportion because of the size. A giant stone in a ring on the hand of a petite woman can look like she’s a child playing dress-up, for example.
What we suggest: Baltic Amber Sterling Silver Fairy Pendant Necklace
- Do pair the jewelry with another Valentine’s Day gift, or choose a creative way to present the jewelry to make the day memorable.
- Don’t put the jewelry in food to present it. Not only is it messy, it’s a potential choking hazard. If you want to present the jewelry with a meal, leave it in its box so it is impossible to miss, and place it near her plate or under a dome that she can lift to reveal the jewelry. It’s much safer for everyone involved.
What we suggest: Heart Design 2.00 carats Pear Shape Sterling Silver Swiss Blue Topaz Pendant Earrings Set
- Do enjoy the process, even if it seems overwhelming. This is your chance to make your Valentine’s eyes light up with your good taste.
- Don’t stress out over the jewelry decision. Most likely, your sweetie will appreciate the thought you put into the jewelry and wear it with pride, knowing you chose it just for her.