July Birthstone: Ruby Red
Rubies are known for their vibrant red color and wearing them during the summer time makes a bold statement. Ruby rings or necklaces are a great birthstone gift for loved on who was born in July. Add to a personal touch and don't forget to write them a special note to accompany the gift to remind them how special they are.
Ruby is known as "the king of gems" and it it said to be the most desirable stone. It has high value because pf its bright red color. Rubies were discovered over 2,000 years ago and the tradition says they have protective powers.
Rubies represent courage, energy, and passion. The gemstone are said to promote self-confidence and are a symbol for powerful feelings. In modern times, the ruby represents passion and love and it used as the perfect wedding stone.
Cancer and Leo Traits
Astrological signs for July are the Cancer (June 22 - July 22) and Leo (July 23 - August 21)
Cancers are guided by emotion and the heart. Cancers are loyal, sympathetic, and very creative. One of Cancers biggest pet peeves are when others reveal personal information about them or family members.
- A Cancer woman is highly intuitive and very passionate. She is very nurturing and sensitive to the needs of others.
- A Cancer man is turned off by their significant other who is highly sensitive. He will seek a strong and caring partner. He is also very shy, but extremely polite.
Leos posses very high self-esteem. They are generous and charming and you'll never really wonder what they are thinking because when it comes to feelings, they are straightforward. Although they are a bit possessive, Leos only want the same loyalty in return.
- A Leo woman is self-confident, fearless, and powerful. However, they are very sensitive and their feelings can easily be hurt. Leo women have a flair for fashion and aren't afraid to express themselves.
- A Leo man is ambitious and likes to be a leader. Often times he is seen as a motivator and is outgoing and energetic. Usually, the Leo man is extreme whether it be happiness or anger, it will be amplified.
July has many important dates in history and is a month of interesting celebrities and public figures.
- July was named after Julius Cesar and was born in this month.
- July is the warmest month in North America and it has the longest and hottest days which are sometimes called "dog days of summer"
- July is the month many countries celebrate their indepdence including United States, Belarus, Venezuela, Argentina, Belgium, and the Bahamas.
Famous Birthdays in July
- Liv Tyler, actress and daughter of Aerosmith star Steven Tyler - July 1
- Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of Tiber - July 6
- Frida Kahlo, Mexican painter best known for her self-portraits -July 6
- Ringo Starr, musician and former drummer for the Beatles - July 7