September Birthstone: Pink and Blue Sapphire
September's Birthstone is Sapphire. Our Sapphires come in many color variations , but they are mostly known to be light blue hue. A brilliant blue Sapphire is the perfect birthstone gift for your loved ones this month especially if they were born in September. The unique color will be eye-catching to the person wearing it.
The word Sapphire comes from Greek and Latin roots which mean blue. It has a significance throughout history in many different religious contexts. Rulers or ancient Persia in 800 B.C. believed the sky got its color from the reflecting sapphire stones. And the Greeks wore a sapphire at Delphi when they wanted to seek wisdom from the Oracle at Apollo's shrine. Kings also wore them to ward off negative thoughts and as a form of protection.
Sapphires represent royalty, wisdom, and protection from harm and evil. The stones are said to eliminate nerves and will help to provide you with a clear mind to make important decisions.
Astrological Signs: Virgo and Libra
The astrological signs for September birthdays are Virgo (August 22 - September 22) and Libra (September 23 - October 22)
Virgos are known to be hard workers who are very detail-oriented. They are loyal and kind and ready to help any friend in need. They are sometimes also known to be very critical or themselves and others.
- Virgo women possess common sense and a caring nature. She eases into relationships and will only committ if she is sure.
- Virgo men are very intelligent and capable. He is ready to better the world around him.
Libras are fair and peaceful people. They value relationships and find balance in compromising. Libras prefer to keep the peace when possible. Don't ask them to choose sides.
- Libra women are charming and love to solve problems. She enjoys surrounding herself with people she can speak with and who will listen.
- Libra men are attracted to beauty which can sometimes be superficial. He values confidence but is intimated by deep or emotional talks.
Birth Flower Symbol: Aster
September's birth flower is Aster. Aster comes from the Greek word "star." In ancient times, the plant was used for medicinal purposes. These flowers can be found in full bloom during the fall and can be found in pink, red, white, or mauve.
Asters symbolize faith, love, and wisdom. The purple color embody wisdom and loyalty, while the reds and pinks epitomize undying devotion which is perfect for occasions like anniversaries and weddings.
- September marks the beginning of Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere and the beginning of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere
- Month used to be seventh month of the Roman calendar, containing 29 to 31 days. It was later changed by Emperor Augustus to 30 days.
- The most well known holiday in September is Labor Day, celebrated on the first Monday of the month.
Famous Birthdays in September
- Beyoncé, singer-songwriter – September 4
- Jimmy Fallon, actor, comedian, and TV host – September 19
- Stephen King, author – September 21
- Bruce Springsteen, singer-songwriter – September 23
- Will Smith, actor – September 25
- Serena Williams, tennis champion – September 26
- Confucius, renowned Chinese teacher and prophet – September 28