The peridot’s stunning lime green glow is very recognizable. Some believe its name comes from the Greek word “peridona” which means “giving plenty.” The mineral itself is lime green, which is different from most gems that get their color from the trace impurities. Peridots protect against nightmares and can bring peace.
What does peridot represent? Peridot represents strength, bravery and balance. It is known to provide healing energies to those with a troubled spirit. There are ideas about how you should wear peridot. According to the Romans, one is to wear the peridot on the right hand in order to posses its magical powers. Others believe that if it’s set in gold, the peridot can protect you from a bad dream.
The spinel is referred to as “the daughter of the ruby” because of its rich cobalt blue hue. Spinels are very rare, more so than the ruby. If you are looking for an even more rare version of a spinel, they also come in yellow or brown. It can be mistaken for other gems such as the sapphire and tanzanite.
What does the spinel represent? Spinel represents physical energy, prosperity and immortal beauty. The spinel is often used to heal energy blockages and speed recovery for muscles and joints in the body. If you are looking for something that brings you self-healing, the spinel is supposed to give a renewed sense of being and ward off bad influences. It’s also known to sooth sadness and reconcile differences.
Leo and Virgo Traits
Astrological signs for August are the Leo (July 23 – August 21) and Virgo (August 22- August 31).
Leos have high self-esteem, and are charming and generous. They love to be the center of attention and are pretty straightforward about their feelings. They can also seem a bit possessive and demand the same loyalty they give.
- A Leo woman is fearless, powerful and self-confident. She likes to be lavished with attention. However, she is very sensitive and her feelings are easily hurt. Leo women enjoy fashion and aren’t worried about standing out.
- A Leo man is ambitious and likes to be a leader. Often times he is seen as a motivator and is outgoing and energetic. Usually, a Leo man is pretty extreme. Any emotion will be amplified.
Virgos have great attention to detail. They are hardworking,very practical and are not very keen on asking for help. Virgos are also perfect caregivers who love animals, books and nature.
- A Virgo woman is modest, loyal and very caring. She likes to solve problems and take care of things for others. The downside to that is that she is often seen as controlling. In relationships, a Virgo woman likes to be swept off her feet.
- A Virgo man is dedicated, smart and self-sufficient. He likes to provide for his family and will make sacrifices to make those around him happy. Unfortunately, Virgos tend to be very insecure about their feelings and often change their mind about important things.
August has many important dates in history and is a month of many interesting celebrities and public figures.
- August was named after Caesar Augustus, the first emperor of Rome.
- The TV series “Shark Week” airs every year in August.
- President Richard Nixon announced his resignation on August 8, 1974.
- David Letterman first premiered his late night show on August 30, 1993.
Famous Birthdays In August
- Charlize Theron, actress best known for her role in Monster – August 7th
- Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States – August 4th
- Robert DeNiro, actor best known for his legendary role in Taxi Driver – August 17th
- Kristen Wiig, actress known for her hilarious skits on Saturday Night Live – August 22nd
- Michael Jackson, recording artist and legendary “Moonwalk” dancer – August 29th
Rubies are known for their vibrant red color and wearing them during the summer time makes a bold statement. Ruby rings or necklaces are a great birthstone gift for loved on who was born in July. Add to a personal touch and don't forget to write them a special note to accompany the gift to [...]
FATHER'S DAY GIFTSWith our distinctive, high-quality gifts, there's no such thing as a hard-to-shop-for dad.Watches and BraceletsFor the simple dads who want something basic and classic, a watch would be the perfect gift. A watch is a very useful object and adds a dash of style to whatever he wearing. Men’s bracelets typically are wider and [...]
May is Spring time and the bright green of the Emerald gemstone is fitting for the May Birthstone. Emeralds name comes from the Greek word "smaragdus" which means green stone.Emerald Meaning: Emeralds symbolize love and abundance. They originated from Egypt, where they were symbolic to fertility and rebirth and were a well known remedy to treat [...]
Mother's Day is quickly approaching and finding the perfect gift can be stressful. Finding the perfect gift will show your love and appreciation for the woman you adore. Jewelry is always a good idea and it's important to find something as unique and exquisite as she is. Oravo Jewelry can meet all your jewelry needs, [...]
oachella Weekend 1 just passed and the next weekend will be another fun and eventful event. Undeniably, Coachella isn't only about the music, but it is also about the fashion and jewelry Instagram-worthy Instagram posts. You will see your feed filled with bohemian and hippie-inspired style ranging from fringes but what we love to keep [...]
St. Patrick's Day is full of drunken festivities, but it is also one of the most looked forward to event of giving gifts. Through the years, every St. Patrick's Day celebration is filled with four leaf clover jewelry pieces, shamrock accessories, or any green tone gemstones. There is no better way to symbolize St. Patrick's Day [...]
What is International Women's Day?International Women's Day seeks to celebrate women's achievements as well to raise awareness for change when it comes to gender equality.When is it & What is the theme?This special day falls on March 8 every year. The day is meant to bring together global governments, women organisations, business charities together. The [...]
Meaning & HistoryAquamarine is the primary birthstone of March. It is believed to promote courage, communication, and enhance clarity. Legend has it that aquamarine stones come from mermaid tales which is why they are considered good luck charms for anyone out on voyage at sea or sailors. Sailors were known to carry aquamarine stones to [...]
Now that you have picked the perfect jewelry from Oravo with other accopmanying gits, how do you present it? You could simply hand over the gift in a heart-covered gift bag, or you can get creative with the presentation. Try one of these ideas:She’ll have to work for it, but the prize at the end [...]